Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Titanium Titanium is offline

Default Pivot Table Date Format Question

Although your reply seems to be extremely well written... I'm not getting the
options you are suggesting... I'm running Office 2003 if that makes some
difference.
What I want to do is run the report by month. Month and categories are
displayed: 5/7/2007 instead of May 2007 the way I would like it. When I go to
the pivot table I right click on the heading "month" and choose field
settings, I don't find any number there. I did the same on the heading of
the drop down list but could't see any number botton either. Am I right in
the right cell or right menu to change the formating? Just to clarify for
you, I'm looking for that calendar format to appear in the drop down list in
the pivot table.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help out!

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

Change the format for the field in the pivot table:

Right-click a date cell in the pivot table, and choose Field Settings
Click the Number button, and format the number field as mmm yyyy
Click OK, click OK

Titanium wrote:
The formating of date in the spreadsheet is mmm yyyy and it does display the
way I intend at this point, but not the pivot table. When I run a report in
the pivot table a date that is supposed to show up as May 2007, shows up as
5/07/07. I even changed the format in the pivot table to the mmm yyyy
formating but it doen't work.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures