Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default show data dependant on certain columns (2 dif questions)

Hi,

I'm not clear on the question, so this is just a guess - you can create a
Data, Validation drop down which uses a list. To the right of that you might
add a number of VLOOKUP functions which use the results to bring back the
rest of the data.

You would need to be more specific to get a less general suggestion - for
example, show us some dummy data.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Steve" wrote:

how about the list creation

is there a way of looking at one column and getting it to compile a list of
other info on the row?

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote
Sorry I sent my last email before I had completed it:

4. You can unlock the cells where you want the user to be able to paste.
5. You might choose the Tools, Protection, Allow Users to edit ranges
option - where you can allow certain users to edit certain ranges depending
on passwords.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Steve" wrote:

Not sure the title coverts exactly what i want.

I have a workbook set up to monitor interviews done by staff. The system
only records the customers on an outcome within the target window

I have an input sheet and 12 monthly sheets. customers are moved from the
input sheet to the month once there is an outcome

Question 1
Certain fields are protected, can staff cut from the sheet and paste into
another while it is protected, if not any suggestions how they move

Question 2
Some of the outcomes require further follow up so i want to generate a list
based on certain outcomes.

So the FTA column in each month has a "yes" i want a summary page of all of
these so i want to say something like if FTA column is YES then take info
from column a,b,c and put it in the summary page

hopefully this makes sense