Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
lindyphil14 lindyphil14 is offline

Default hi i am new to excel heelllpppp

thank u very much i will rename the sheets and try again
--
thank u very much

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

For our formula to work, the sheets must be named:

Sheet1
Sheet2
Sheet3
Sheet4
Sheet5
Sheet6
Sheet7

A Name error means Excel can't find one or more of the 7
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200730

"lindyphil14" wrote:

oops just tried it and it didnt work..... the cell was asking me 4 a name
(=sum(name)..
--
thank u very much

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Hi Linda:

Let's say wee have numbers in cell Z100 on 7 sheets and want the sum on
sheet eight.

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet7!Z100)

will do it
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200730

"lindyphil14" wrote:

i have opened a new work book, within the book there are 7 sheets (mon,
tue,wed etc) on each sheet i have in my first row 12 individual names and my
first column is times (8.00am every fifteen minutes to 10pm) on the bottom
row i have total of hours used in that particular day - eg mon 8.30am -
2.30pm = 6 hours
i would like to open an eighth sheet that would total all hours for the week
for me!! sounds easy doesnt it!! does it? i am lost ..... if anyone could
help that would be great and save me a lot of time away from the calculator
linda
--
thank u very much