Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Linking chart data labels to cells whose contents change

Excel 97 under Windows XP Home

If I type a cell reference into a data label of a chart series, the
label will show the contents of that cell. If I edit or copy to the
cell, the label changes.

But if I make the cell a formula, then the label does not change after
recalculation when the formula results in a new value. Doesn't that seem
like strange behaviour?

If I edit the label, the value updates, and if I edit or copy over the
cell formula, it updates. But if the unchanged cell formula results in a
changed value, the label keeps the old value unchanged.

--
Del Cotter