Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Identifying A Pattern Of Values Meeting Specific Criteria

Biff

"CSHAKES" wrote in message
Beautiful!! It worked on my sample data. I'll modify it for my real
task.
Thank you for the quick response.

"T. Valko" wrote:

This assumes there are no empty cells within your table:

Time values are in column B to column G.

Enter this array formula** in I2 and copy down as needed:

=IF(MAX(FREQUENCY(IF(B2:G2<=2,COLUMN(B2:G2)),IF(B2 :G22,COLUMN(B2:G2))))=3,"X","")

Those trials the meet the condition will be identified with a "X".

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

Biff

"CSHAKES" wrote in message
The example is a simplification of a problemI encountered with "80
trials"
(rows) and "28 times" (columns) where I needed to identify trials that
had
values that met a specific criteria, but also the pattern of the values
that
met the criteria.

I had a very crude method that took a while.

What is the quickest way to determine which of the trials below had 3
or
more consequetive values less than or equal to 2?

Time 1 Time 2 Time 3 Time 4 Time 5 Time 6
Trial 1 4 3 2 0 1 1
Trial 2 3 1 4 3 0 3
Trial 3 2 4 1 2 1 1
Trial 4 2 5 2 4 3 3