Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tyler H Tyler H is offline

Default Picture objects and text boxes change position

I created a combination (line-column) chart within a worksheet, and inserted
a gif picture object onto the bottom right-hand corner of the chart.

For some reason, when I save the file and then reopen it, the gif object has
moved slightly. Each time I save and reopen the file, the gif's position
changes again ... eventually the gif will move off of the chart.

The same thing happens with a text box I inserted onto the bottom left-hand
corner of the chart (the text box references a cell containing the TODAY
formula).

I've tried moving the chart to a separate chart sheet and same problem occurs.

Any ideas about what might be causing this quirk? Any suggestions on how to
correct the problem?