Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Forcing the cursor to move to A of the next line after D of the pr

Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me how I can get the cursor to move from
column D after entering data in that cell, and when I hit enter, the
cursor
will automatically go to column A of the next line. My sheet is only
using
columns A thru D, which is the way I want it, but when I hit return or
enter,
I would like the cursor to go to the next line below to start data entry
in
column A again.

Adding this procedure...

If Target.Column = 5 Then Cells(Target.Row + 1, 1).Activate
End Sub

to the worksheet's code window in a VBA macro appears to do what you
asked.

By the way, for your request to make sense, I assumed you have your "Move
Selection After Enter" option set to "Right".

Rick