Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default @average function

also Ron's and Nanavati work, but not the other one.

I guess you're referring to mine as the other one? What about it doesn't
work?

Biff

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

A few corrections and additional suggestions:

You could use any of the following:

=AVERAGEIF(B1:B12,"0") in 2007
=SUMIF(B1:B12,"0")/COUNTIF(B1:B12,"0") no array

also Ron's and Nanavati work, but not the other one.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"T. Valko" wrote:

Assuming there are no negative numbers in the range:

=SUM(B1:B20)/COUNTIF(B1:B20,"0")

Biff

"Chazbri" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a worksheet that has the months of the year in one column and a
dollar amount in the next column. At the bottom I have summed the
dollar
amount column.

My question:

What would the formula be if I wanted to average the dollars over the
months that have a dollar amount greater than zero?

Thank you very much for your help.

Chazbri