Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Steve is offline

Default Add cells across multiple workbooks that increase...

The rdbmerge addin that Ron has is getting closer, however it does not scan
all of the subfolders (directories), even when selected to do so...

The file structure is as such (with different names);

- Building 1
- 102 Charly
- Documents
- 104 Dave
- Documents
- 111 Fred
- Documents
- Building 2
- 221 Mary
- Documents
- 234 Sue
- Documents
- 258 Lisa
- Documents

The xls file is in the documents folder. The workbook has the same name and
the worksheet is also the same name. It is on a network mapped drive. I am
going to play around with some of the other utilities available on that site
but still have not a foolproof way of getting this to work, yet.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Steve

That being the case, Ron de Bruin has a lot of code available on his
site for performing this type of task.
I think the most appropriate would be
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

which you could modify to suit your needs.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message
There are several sheets in the workbook but only the values of the
one sheet
(which also have the same name) are needed. The reason that they are
seperate is that these workbooks are being used as estimates for the
company
I work for. Each estimate must be in a unique folder. What I am
trying to
accomplish is gathering how many devices of each type I need from
these
estimates.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Steve

Are there multiple sheets in each book with values, or just a single
sheet?
If there is a single sheet, is there any reason not to have them all
in
the same workbook, as that would make the task much easier?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message
I will try to explain this the best that I can...

I have around 100 excel workbooks that contain the same exact
sheets
in
each. In each of these worksheets there are cells that contain a
number
value that I would like to total on one 'master' sheet. These
workbooks are
in there own folders but the workbooks all have the same name. As
time goes
on there will be more folders and workbooks created that I want to
total
without having to change the master.

Is there a way to count the value of a cell from these workbooks
and
not
have to be concerned if there are additional workbooks added? I
was
thinking
of some type of VBA or script that could run and go out and search
these
folders for that file name then count the cells...

Is there a better way to do this? Thanks in advance.