Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vsoler vsoler is offline

Default Array formula returning the cumulative sum

On 15 jun, 10:38, Bernd P wrote:
Hello,

Harlan's solution is fine.

Another approach:
=SUM($A$1:INDEX($A$1:$A$5,ROW($1:$5)))
array-entered, non-volatile.

Regards,
Bernd

Bernd,

Your formula seems fine for me. It is perhaps what I was looking for
(one never knows what one's is after until found).

Let me say something. The level of activity and of knowledge that this
group is reaching is absolutely remarkable. It has moved forward since
I posted some questions some years ago.

My congratulations to all of you.

I have a field of interest which I may talk you about sometime in the
future.

In addition to learning how excel works, I'm keen of trying to
describe how it should work.

My personal opinion is that, putting aside perhaps the new Excel 2007,
Microsoft has concentrated a lot more on coloring cells, formatting
and visual effects than in increasing the power of calculation of a
tool that today is used in every office (or company) in the world.

I have given an eye to openoffice calc, but found that it's main
purpose is replicating the way excel works.

Congratulations again to you all for your good job.