Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MarkCA MarkCA is offline

Default Sorting Spreadsheet Selection - Recurring Sort

I use a particular spreadsheet everyday, and sort the data in three columns
of the worksheet many times (there is also other data that I do not sort). I
don't have a header row. Until recently, the spreadsheet seemed to know how
I wanted to sort, and the 'sort by' box always appeared with the sort by
defaulting to my previous criteria, seemingly remembering how I had sorted it
last time.

Recently something has happened, and every time I go to sort, first the
dialogue box comes up showing a header row, and when I change it to show no
header row, EACH time it defaults to "sort by column A", even though I always
sort this worksheet by columns B, C, and D. So now I have extra steps to
direct the sheet to sort by B-C-D everytime I want to sort.

Is there a setting somewhere, or was I just lucky before?