Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LoriDe LoriDe is offline

Default Control Combo Box Macros

Not dumb at all Toppers, I probably didn't word my initial question so well.
I did what you said below and it worked, THANK YOU!!!

"Toppers" wrote:

Sorry ....me being very dumb ... macros are created! To view the macros,
right-click on the w/sheet tab and "view code"; You could then delete them.

BUT do look at Data Validation as an alternative.

"LoriDe" wrote:

Thank you for such a quick response. I assumed when creating the control
combo boxes/drop down lists, it created macros along with them, could this be
correct? After finishing the spreadsheet I was prompted with a security
message stating that I could not run the macros and would need to set the
security to medium or low. Could these macros have come from somewhere else?
The only other thing I did was merge some cells.

"Toppers" wrote:

I assume the setting was changed because you have macros.(?) I wasn't aware
you needed security changes just to put combo boxes on your w/sheet.

Look at Data Validation as an alternative for providing drop-down lists.

"LoriDe" wrote:

Hi All,

I created two Combo Boxes from the Control Toolbox in order to create drop
down menus. I had to set my security settings to medium in order for it to
work and I am wondering if there is a way around this. My concern is that my
company's default security setting in Excel is set to high and we will be
sending this to a few hundred people and they will not be able to open it
without changing their settings.

Please let me know as soon as you can (I'm working under a deadline and just
realized this). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks...

Lori