Peo Sjoblom

I assumed that there was as many Sundays as there are values in C, are you
saying that you have all Sundays for a year
while the values in C are not, if so use

=AVERAGE(IF((B2:B366="Sun")*(C2:C366<""),C2:C366) )

entered the same way

Peo Sjoblom

"Jason" wrote in message
Thank you Peo. How ever the result is dividing all the Sundays and giving

my
a wrong answer. So far we have had 9 Sundays. The remaining cells are

blank.
Is thier a way to get this to do the math based only on the cells that

have
data in them? Thank you for the assistance

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=AVERAGE(IF(B2:B366="Sun",C2:C366))

entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Jason" wrote in message
I have sheet containing 365 days column B contains the day of the week

column
c contains a number. I want to average the numbers for each day of the

week.
i.e. average number for "Sun" This is a sheet modified daily and the

cells
for the dates that have not occured yet are blank. Any suggestions.

Thank
you