Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

Default copying formulas

If by any chance you mean that you don't want the formula to change ( same
column and same row from the original ) when you paste it in another cell
then do this: select the cell with the formula to copy.
go to the formula bar and highlight the whole formula.
press f4 once.
press enter.
copy and paste in another cell.
If this is not what you are looking for then please give more details.

"texbetty" wrote:

I'm a self-taught Excel user (semi-intermediate level), although I'm having a
"formula" problem:
When I copy the "value" of a cell from cell A (which contains a formula)€¦.
And paste special to cell B (for value only)€¦. I don't want the contents in
cell A to change. I wish for them to stay as a formula. Can this be done?
My setting under TOOLS is for the calc = Automatic.

I use massive formulas on a month-to-month basis and have to constantly
double-check my "copied from formulas" to ensure they are edited back to a
formula.
texbetty