Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default How do I add fill colour to drop down boxes?

One way:

This code changes the background depending on the value in your DV cell: in
the example it is cell C1

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Const WS_RANGE As String = "C1:C1" '<=== change to your DV cell

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
Select Case .Value '<== need to change test to reflect you DV
values
Case 1: .Interior.ColorIndex = 3 'red
Case 2: .Interior.ColorIndex = 6 'yellow
Case 3: .Interior.ColorIndex = 5 'blue
Case 4: .Interior.ColorIndex = 10 'green
'etc.
End Select
End With
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

To use code: right-click on w/sheet tab, "View code" and copy/paste above code

HTH

"Liz" wrote:

I have created drop down boxes in Excel using the validation tool but I need
each option to have a different fill colour. How do I do this?