Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default .bat file in Excel with parameters

Hi

Just amend Gary's code
x = Shell("cmd.exe /c testfile.bat " & Range("A1"), 1)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Ashly A K" wrote in message
hi!!

Thanks a TON!!!
One more question, insted of harcoding "hello" in the VBA, can i make
it
read from a cell ?

-Ashly

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Here is a .bat file called testfile.bat:

echo %1
pause

Here is a piece of VBA that calls it with a parameter:

Sub parm_it()
ChDir ("C:\")
x = Shell("cmd.exe /c testfile.bat hello", 1)
End Sub

Upon selecting a cell, your macro would
1. get the ping address
2. do the Shell with hello replaced
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200728

"Ashly A K" wrote:

hi!

I am looking for a VBA (or anything!!! yes..i am very desperate)
which will
enable me to run a .BAT file with parameters from Excel.

ie: if i have a .BAT file, which will ping a IP Address
.BAT will look like

@Echo off
ping %1

So, when i run from the command prompt, i could run as
"filename.bat
192.168.0.10" - which will ping the IP Address.

I want to achieve this thru an Excel File. Ie : there will be IP
address
in a Colum, and as users click on that, the system shoud run the
.bat file,
by taking the IP address given.

I even tried to call this as a hyper link, but was not able to pass
the
parameters.

Could any one PLEASE.... help me ?

-Ashly