Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JohnH[_3_] JohnH[_3_] is offline

Default A mind of its own?

That must have been the problem, but I tried to reformat them as numbers
without decimal points
Thanks a lot

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
John -

Do any of the cells contain non-numeric values, that is, they look like
numbers but are formatted as text?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"JohnH" wrote in message ...

I'm trying to express this data as a simple scatter graph with points. It
is for analysing car sales so I can bid at an auction. Usually when I try
this it makes a scattering of data Price (Y), Km (X).. This time it groups
it around a series of points which is meaningless to me.

There are 30 entries ranging from x 17,000 to 250,000 and (y) 4770 to
7170.

The Series entries are Name A,
=A!$B$3:$B$33
=A!$C$3:$C$33