Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Excel Cell Data Limit

hil
from excel help. Type specifications.
32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the
formula bar
i've never tried to pack 32,767 characters in a cell but if they will
display, i would assume you can search them. not real sure how it would
display the find.

Regards
FSt1
" wrote:

I am creating an ASP.NET page to dump data to an excel file. This
works fine, but when I open the excel file I get an error that says
'the cell data is too large'. I heard from somebody that excel cells
can hold up to 32,000 character, but can only display 1,024 characters
in the formula bar. What restrictions does this impose on the data
that cannot be displayed? If I do a keyword search, is that data
still going to get searched?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan