Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default A mind of its own?

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
JohnH said:
I'm trying to express this data as a simple scatter graph with points.
It is for analysing car sales so I can bid at an auction. Usually when
I try this it makes a scattering of data Price (Y), Km (X).

What interesting features do you usually find in this scatter?

This time it groups it around a series of points which is meaningless
to me.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this sentence.

Have you tried excluding the point which is 250,000 km but only $6,470?
It seems to be an outlier, and maybe having to display that point on the
graph makes all the others look like they're clustered too closely for
you to read.

Try setting the upper limit of the x scale to 120,000, and see if that
pattern looks more familiar to you.

--
Del Cotter