Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] krcowen@aol.com is offline

Default Pivot Table Quesiton

Tina

If you have access to the data from which the pivot table is
generated, you can add a column that looks up the category in the ID/
Category table {e.g. =vlookup(ID,table,column)}. Give it a heading of
Category, or something like that, then refresh the Pivot table and the
new field "Category" should be available for you to use in your Pivot
Table.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Jun 13, 2:17 pm, Tina wrote:
I have a pivot table containing projects by departments with dollars for each
month of the year. To the right of the table, I have formulas to identify
project category based on the project ID in the pivot table rows. Is there a
way to combine these two into one pivot table? Or some other way to combine
the two, so I can sort and report project category?

Thanks much.