Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Charles F. Radley Charles F. Radley is offline

Default Why is MS Excel renaming worksheets (truncating names)? Is there a fix for this?

These are Excel files.

The person who originally created them has left the company.

Until recently they were working fine.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I guessed (incorrectly) at QTP.

You sure you used excel to create these workbooks with the worksheets with
the
long names?

"Charles F. Radley" wrote:

Greetings Dave,

Until recently we routinely used sheet names of up to 44 characters
without
difficulty.

QTP = Quick Test Pro (from Mercury Interactive), is automated test
harness.

Thanks,

Charles R.