Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default First populated cell in row array/ Last populated cell in row arra

Skyscan,

Array enter each of these (enter using Ctrl-Shift-Enter)

First filled cell of row 2:
=ADDRESS(ROW(2:2),MIN(IF(2:2<"",COLUMN(2:2),256)) )

Last filled cell of row 2:
=ADDRESS(ROW(2:2),MAX(IF(2:2<"",COLUMN(2:2),0)))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Skyscan" wrote in message
Hello!

I have data in a single row array. The data is not contiguous such that
there are holes in the data. Several cells may be blank in the first few
cells, in the middle cells, or in the last cells. I need to identify which
cell is the one where the data begins. In addition, I need to identify which
cell is the one where the data ends. It is not necessary to locate "holes"
in the data set. I would like to use functions only to identify these first
and last cells.

Thank you very much!!

Tom