Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Sam is offline

Default index and sum nonadjacent cells

it seems like what is happening is the formula is trying to include all the
cells between J10 and BM10, but I only want to sum 12 specific cells in that
row (they're nonadjacent)--but it's very possible i just don't know the
formula language entirely. but to answer your question, yes, there are
several cells that have "div/0" in them, but they are among the cells that i
don't want involved in the formula. here are all the cells that I want to
eventually be included in the formula: J10 (Jan), O10 (Feb), T10 (Mar), Y10
(Apr), AD10 (May), AI10 (Jun), AN10 (Jul), AS10 (Aug), AX10 (Sep), BC10
(Oct), BH10 (Nov), BM10 (Dec). But the formula we're trying to come up with
should only sum the cells within that series that have already occured (Jan
through May, for now).

The rest of the cells in row 10 in between all these cells have formulas in
them that as of now are returning DIV/0 because those months haven't happened
yet and there is no data as of now (which is ok as far as I'm concerned; it
just messes up the year-to-date info).

This is where I'm having trouble. Thanks for all your help!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

There's nothing in the formula that would return that. Is there a value
in J10:BM10 that has that error in it?

In article ,
Sam wrote:

hmm...When I copy into the cell, it returns a "DIV/0!"