Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
oceanmist oceanmist is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

I have changed how we are doing this, per "the boss". We now have a separate
column for "Status". Now, I need the formula to say:

If this cell in the G column reads Completed, make the entire line green;
If this cell in the G column reads Overdue, make the entire line red;
If this cell in the G column reads In Progress, make the entire line yellow;

I know roughly how to do it but I am having trouble getting the entire line
to change color based on what is in the G cell in each line.

"oceanmist" wrote:

Thank you. I understand this but can't get the entire row to turn color.
Where can I see the relative addressing for the row?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Use "Formula is", rather than "Cell value is", within conditional
formatting. If your active cell when you apply the formatting is in row 2,
use "Formula is" =$C2="Completed" noting the absolute addressing for the
column and relative addressing for the row.
--
David Biddulph

"oceanmist" wrote in message
I need to do some conditional formatting on certain lines in a spreadsheet.
Can you please advise how to do this:

Here is what it needs to do -

If Cell in this line in column C reads "in progress", make the entire line
yellow;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "overdue", make the entire line
red;
If Cell in this line in column C reads "Completed", make the entire line
green

Many thanks.