Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Default The number 1 changes to 2 in any cell. OK if E.G. 10 or 21

while in safe mode try
Enable items that were disabled by Office Safe Mode
On the Help menu, click About Microsoft <application.
Click Disabled Items.
Select the items you want to enable.
Click Enable.

you may be able to identify what is going on by when the problem starts
happening as you enable items.

"Rodney Jackson" wrote:

Hello Mike H and BJ,
The thing works normally in 'safe mode' but continues to fail in normal mode.
I looked at <tools<options<general on both startup types, both appear the
same. It looks like BJ is on the right track, although the problem persists.

"bj" wrote:

sounds like a macro
start Excel in safe mode (See help) and see if it still happens
check <tools<options<general to see if there in anythin in the start up
area

"Rodney Jackson" wrote:

This has just started. If I type the number 1 in any cell, it changes to a 2.
Also if I use -1
It is ok if I type, for example 21 or 10 or 111. Only if I use 1 by itself.
Microsoft Office 2003 Pro Windows XP SP2. Run two virus checkers, no
problems.
Please help.
Rodney Jackson