Otto Moehrbach

Paste the following macro into the Workbook module. You access the Workbook
module by right-clicking on the Excel icon to the left of the word "File" in
the menu across the top of the spreadsheet, select View Code.
This macro will put the data in A1 if the user commands a save. If you
want the date and time, change the "Date" to "Now". Is this what you want?
HTH Otto
"Nello" wrote in message
I am creating a user data entry spreadsheet in excel and I want to record
the
date in a specific field when the excel file is opened. I need the field
"Submit Date" to be automatically populated and protected when a user
opens
the file and performs a save. If the user does not Save the file the date
field should remain empty. Can anyone help with this please?