Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default arrange excel by street address instead of alphabetically by n

Correct Mike

In viewer the only menu items are File, View, Edit, Window, Help

You can autofilter but not save the results but no sorting.

Gord

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:19:27 -0700, "Mike Middleton"
wrote:

Ray -

Perhaps the Microsoft Excel Viewer really is just a viewer, therefore maybe
it doesn't allow changes, in which case you may need regular Microsoft Excel
if you want to sort. And you could probably get a low-priced older version
of regular Excel on Ebay or from some other source.

- Mike

"Ray" wrote in message
Hi:
yes, the name, mailing address, street address.....etc. are all in
separate
columns.
I just don't see anywhere where it says data or sort.
It is in microsoft excel viewer if that is helpful.
thanks,
ray

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ray

If the street address is in a separate column just select all columns
with data
and DataSort on street address column.

If all data are in one column, you will have to break it out into
separate
columns possibly using DataText to Columns Wizard.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:32:01 -0700, Ray
wrote:

I'm a realtor with a grand list in excel format. It is currently
arranged by
the home owners name in alphabectical order. I would like to arrange by
street address in alphabectical order. I have not been using computers
for
very long so if you reply please tell me in simple terms, step by step.
Thanks so much.......Ray