Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sahafi sahafi is offline

Default arrange excel by street address instead of alphabetically by n

On your menu bar on the top you should see: File | Edit | View | Insert |
Format | Tools | Data | Window | Help. Click on Data, then select sort...
etc. If you can see the menu bar above do one of these:

I can't find a menu command, toolbar button, or dialog box option.
The menu may not be expanded If arrows appear at the bottom of the menu,
the command may be available on the expanded menu. Click the arrows, and then
click the command you want. You can also double-click the menu to expand it,
or you can change the setting to display the entire set of commands for all
menus.

The toolbar may be on the same row as another toolbar The button may not
appear on the toolbar because there isn't enough room to display all buttons.
Click More Buttons and then click the button you want, or you can change the
setting to show all buttons on the toolbar.

The component may not be installed Run the installer again and install the
component.

You may have a different language setting The command or control doesn't
appear if you don't have editing enabled for the language that the command or
control applies to. You need to enable editing for the language you want to
work with. Learn about multilingual editing and proofing tools kits.

--
If u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.

"Ray" wrote:

Hi:
yes, the name, mailing address, street address.....etc. are all in separate
columns.
I just don't see anywhere where it says data or sort.
It is in microsoft excel viewer if that is helpful.
thanks,
ray

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ray

If the street address is in a separate column just select all columns with data
and DataSort on street address column.

If all data are in one column, you will have to break it out into separate
columns possibly using DataText to Columns Wizard.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:32:01 -0700, Ray wrote:

I'm a realtor with a grand list in excel format. It is currently arranged by
the home owners name in alphabectical order. I would like to arrange by
street address in alphabectical order. I have not been using computers for
very long so if you reply please tell me in simple terms, step by step.
Thanks so much.......Ray