Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default arrange excel by street address instead of alphabetically by name

Ray

If the street address is in a separate column just select all columns with data
and DataSort on street address column.

If all data are in one column, you will have to break it out into separate
columns possibly using DataText to Columns Wizard.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:32:01 -0700, Ray wrote:

I'm a realtor with a grand list in excel format. It is currently arranged by
the home owners name in alphabectical order. I would like to arrange by
street address in alphabectical order. I have not been using computers for
very long so if you reply please tell me in simple terms, step by step.
Thanks so much.......Ray