Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mic Mic is offline

Default Converting format of hh:mm AM/PM to only hh:mm non 24hr in same co

Hey thanks for all of your hard work.
Unfortunately this does not answer my question, albeit genous.
These answers both put them into a seperate column, and one of them just
hides the AM/PM.

Just incase you think of something, I will re-do the question, but I really
don't think that there is a solution.

Question: I am trying to mimic an import of a .Dat File using an FTP were
the Time is FTP as Text, and is in the formate of 08:30. Unfortunately the
system that is generating the .Dat file does not have the leading 0.
Please do not include AM/PM, or have it hidden. Nor in a different column,
with a formula. This data needs to be imported into a seperate system, and a
formula will not import.

I really doubt that there is a way to do this, but thanks for your guys hard
work.
Mic

"Mic" wrote:

Is there a way to:

Take a column that is formated to hh:mm AM/PM to remove the am or pm in the
same column (Think that it would have to be text)

Or

Start with Text that 8:30 and make it 08:30 without the AM/PM

Mic