Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sahafi sahafi is offline

Default arrange excel by street address instead of alphabetically by name

First select the entire list. Say if your list start from A1:Z100, click on
A1 hold down Ctrl + Shift keys, then press the right arrow key until the last
cell on the first row highlighted, while holding on those keys, press the
down arrow key until the entire list highlighted. Click on Data Sort, on
the 'sorty by box select the name of your address column (you have the option
to sort by address in ascending [A-Z], or descending order [Z-A]), Click OK,
and you are done.

Thanks.
--
If u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.

"Ray" wrote:

I'm a realtor with a grand list in excel format. It is currently arranged by
the home owners name in alphabectical order. I would like to arrange by
street address in alphabectical order. I have not been using computers for
very long so if you reply please tell me in simple terms, step by step.
Thanks so much.......Ray