Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default S.O.S.....

Biff

"Sarah" wrote in message
Thanks very much for your help!!! Much appreciated.
Sarah

"T. Valko" wrote:

Here's one way.

Try this array formula** :

=AVERAGE(IF(TEXT(A2:A20,"mmmyyyy")="Jun2007",IF(D2 :D200,D2:D20)))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

Biff

"Sarah" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a spreadsheet set up with column A for the date (one day per
row),
and column D as the total daily takings. I want a formula that changes
automatically when I enter each new daily amount, and if I enter a
daily
taking of $0, I don't want excel to include that day in the month's
average.
So I want it to regognise that the $0 day is not to be included, and
only
divide by say 29 days instead of 30 for June. Hope I've made
sense...??
Thank you in anticipation.
Sarah