Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Dropdown list doesn't display from the top of the list

Are you using Data Validation for this drop down?

Just eliminate the blank cell from the end of the list.

If you *want* a blank cell in the list to enable user input beyond the list,
make the *first* cell in the list blank.
--
HTH,

RD

"stebro" wrote in message
Excel 2003; I have a dropdown box populated from a list of about 100
items.
When the user selects the dropdown box to choose an item I want the first
row
in
the list to be displayed on top (with the scroll bar all the way at the
top); currently the last row is displayed (and it's blank).

I cannot figure out why this is happening or what to do about it.

Thanks,
Steve