Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Dropdown list doesn't display from the top of the list

If using Data Validation List, re-define the range to get rid of the blanks at
bottom of the list.

Maybe a dynamic range would be better.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for this.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:27:03 -0700, stebro
wrote:

Excel 2003; I have a dropdown box populated from a list of about 100 items.
When the user selects the dropdown box to choose an item I want the first row
in
the list to be displayed on top (with the scroll bar all the way at the
top); currently the last row is displayed (and it's blank).

I cannot figure out why this is happening or what to do about it.

Thanks,
Steve