Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Motown Mick Motown Mick is offline

Default How do I match numeric coding in a worksheet to words in a pdf fil

I have several columns of numeric data that are codes that correspond to
words on a coding sheet that is in a table on a pdf file. I would like to
know if Excel can do character recognition somehow so as to match the numeric
codes with their corresponding words, and delineate this somehow on the Excel
worksheet; preferably in the same column in which the numeric codes appear.
Although a column immediately adjascent to the numeric codes will also
suffice.

I think there is a way to convert a pdf file to Excel, if thats necessary
to do first.

Mick