Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carrie Carrie is offline

Default Lookup one value and return multiple corresponding values

Hi - I have tried some formulas but not really sure what I'm doing so need
help please.
I want to be able to find the next available sequential number for a new
part from a list. This number is digits 3-5 of a code. e.g. 3R001A. Parts can
start with a variety of numbers/letters depending of processes and materials
e.g. 1-5, F/N/X/D/ E/P/R/H/B, followed by 3 digit sequential code. I want to
be able to look up say all codes starting with '3R' and find the next
sequential number available for new part.
I have an exported list of all current parts. I thought I could do this by
using lookup function unless any one knows of a better way and retuning
multiple corresponding values and then adding 1.
Many thanks,
Carrie