Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark[_4_] Mark[_4_] is offline

Default Finction to find the first cell that is not zero

Hi Ron

Thanks for this, it has solved another issue that I have just stumbled
across with my data.

Cheers...

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 06:08:46 +1000, "Mark"
wrote:

Hi

I want to find the first cell that is not zero "0" across a row. I am also
trying a VBA solution, but is ther percahnce a function that will do this?

Mark

What do you mean by "find" the first cell?

This **array-entered** formula will return the column number of the first
cell
in row 1 with a non-zero entry (enter with <ctrl-shift-enter)

=MATCH(1,ISNUMBER(1:1)*(1:1<0),0)

This **array-entered** formula will return the value in that cell:

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,MATCH(1,ISNUMBER(1:1)*(1:1<0) ,0)))

--ron