Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Excel templates

Without knowing all of the specifics, I would say that your best bet for
success is probably to gather the data, save the .xls file (with the new
data), then use Excel's File | Save As feature and select the
CSV (comma delimited) (*.csv)
file format for this second save. You can then attach a copy of the .csv
file to an email and send it via email that way.

I recommend this method since most (if not all) databases that I can think
of have the ability to import data from a .csv file. Each column of
information from the Excel worksheet becomes a field in a database table.
You'll have to export each sheet individually - Excel only exports the
current, active sheet when exporting to .csv file type.

"Dencol" wrote:

Hi,

I'm in the process of creating a template, however, I'm not sure what my
options are to save the information that I'm collecting via the
form/template. What I would like to do is to capture the data and save it to
a database. Can this data be sent via email? Please inform me of my choices
and how to do it.
--
Thanks in advance,
Dencol