Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Simple way to enable just my personal macros in Excel (& Office) 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:43:24 +0100, "Roger Govier"
wrote:

Hi

type Alt+F11 to open the VBE
In the Immediate window type
?application.StartupPath

On the old (Office 2000) system, this returns:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

On the new (Office 2007) system, I first got an error message saying
that macros are disabled. I then went to the Trust Center and enabled
all macros, afterwhich I got the same result as above.

On the (semi) bright side, the macros now work, but apparently my
system is completely unprotected from malware.

For me it returns
C:\Documents and Settings\Roger Govier\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

The file containing your macros will be called Personal.xls unless you
have renamed it to something else.

I searched the entire hard disk. There are no files named personal.*
at all.

In my case, I don't have my personal.xls for 2003 or my personal.xlsb
stored there, and I have used registry settings to tell where Excel to
find them. If you do not have any success with finding your file and
want to go this route,come back again and I will furnish more details.

I would like to keep my system as standard as possible. I'd like it to
be a tool -- not a career. ;-)

Thanks for the help.