Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Simple way to enable just my personal macros in Excel (& Office) 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:05:53 +0200, Jan Karel Pieterse
wrote:

Hi LurfysMa,

How do I know which folder my VBA macros are in? It's not like a VB
project. I just do Alt+F11.

In Excel, VBA code is a part of a workbook.
Excel has a special workbook called "Personal macro workbook", with a
filename of Personal.xls (or in Excel 2007 personal.xlsb). This
workbook is hidden from the user interface and is stored in a folder
called:

C:\Documents and settings\YourUserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\

There is no such folder.

I did a Search (with hidden files included). It returned only:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Recent

Using Explorer (with hidden files viewed), I found:

C:\Documents and settings\Administrator
\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\

The folder is empty. Not sure why it didn't appear in the Search
results.

No other \Excel\XLSTART found.

Puzzling...

What's the name of the file containing the macros?