Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default auto fill data from cells

In your original post you spoke specifically of 40 words per sheet for a
total of 240 words on the 6 sheets. My response was geared toward those
'specifications', and while it put each sheet's words in separate columns on
the 7th sheet, it could be changed to put them head-to-tail in one column.

To do what it sounds like you want done at this point is probably best done
with a macro, and I'll put one together and post back here with it later. I
don't have time to put it together right this minute - my day job calls <g.
It's not hard to put together, it just takes a little longer to write up and
test out than I have available right now.

"dudewithaquestion" wrote:

THANKS FOR THE INFO. What if i only have 20 words on sheet 1 and 10 words on
sheet 2, etc...? How do i get them to automatically recognize the last entry
from sheet 1 so that it will add the words in the next cell where sheet 2
starts. Based on your previous instruction, it sets up the formula for 40
cells before the next page could start to total on the master sheet.

"JLatham" wrote:

On the 7th sheet, in cell A1
='Sheet1'!B5
fill the formula down to A40

On the 7th sheet, in cell B1
='Sheet2'!B5
and again fill the formula down to B40

Repeat in columns C, D, E, and F for the other 4 sheets. Change the sheet
name in the formulas to whatever the real names of those sheets are. The
formulas don't have to start in row 1 on the 7th sheet - but whatever row you
start them in, the formula should be written as shown above and then filled
down for the 40 rows.

"dude" wrote:

i would like to be able to enter text data in cells in column b on 6
different worksheets and then have a seventh worksheet that will display all
of the text data from the six different sheets on it. So, if i list 40 words
in b5 thru b45(one word per cell) on all six sheets, i would like to see all
240 words on the seventh sheet(total "catch all" sheet)

Any help would be greatly appreciatiated.

thanks

dude