Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Connecting missing points with a dotted line

Hi,

Assuming your data is in the range B2:B10 then put this formula in C2 and
copy down/

=IF(ISBLANK(B2),NA(),B2)

Create your chart based A1:C10. This will give you a line with gaps and a
line that interpolates between the gaps.
Select the series based on C2:C10 and format the line to have the same
colour but dotted or dashed line style.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"j" wrote in message

I have a question about charts. I have a solid line connecting each of my
points in a time-series (days in a month). However, I am missing several
points. For example, lets say Tuesday-Friday of the first week is missing.
want to connect Monday to Saturday using a dotted line. Right now the
cells
for Tuesday-Friday are blank, so it does not draw anything. How can I do
this
dotted line most efficiently? Thank you very much!