Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Grouping two cells together

One way of doing what you want is to put the Co name you are looking for in a
cell (say d1) and then in a cell next to it the formula:-

=INDEX(A:A,MATCH(D1,B:B,0))

The formula will look for the company in column b and reurn the id# from
column a.

Mike

" wrote:

Here is the long story short. I have two columns, A is company ID#
and B is company name. I need to search through the company names to
find a certain one and when I find it, I must cut that cell with its
adjacent co. ID# cell and insert both cells into another location in
the worksheet.

My question is...can I possibly tag or group the co. name and ID cells
together?? Let's say I for some reason only cut the co. name cell by
accident, I want excel to understand that the ID# cell is grouped with
it and both will be cut automatically. Is there any easy way to do
this?? I know that I could "name" both cells and have the one name
refer to 2 cells...but thats a whole lot of extra work that doesn't
make sense to do.

Please let me know. Thank you!