James

Default Excel formula not working

Hello and thanks in advance.....

I have a user who has crated a spreadsheet & the formula has been entered
correctly but is not showing the true results.
The formula is;

=max(A1:A162)

There are enteries in column A and I am expecting the figure to show as 350.
This is actually showing as 100 - a figure which is also in column A
I have re inserted the formula - this does not work. I have also put the
formula in a completely different cell but again this does not work.

If I over type the data in all the cells the formula works however I cannot
tell the user to retype thousands of enteries.

I have checked the formatting of the spreadsheet, this all looks ok. Also
have checked the tools & options, this is all ok (calculation is set to
automatic).

Any ideas why this happened but more importantly is there a easy fix to
correct this?

Thanks in advance

James