Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phill phill is offline

Default if statement to shade cells (more than 3 conditions)

G'day JE,
You seem to be the guy that could probably help me out no end here

I want to use the Data Validation drop down list function.
I know how to do this
I ultimately want to select from the drop down list, and have that selection
appear in the cell, but of a different font and cell colour.
I have say 12 items in my data validation list
I have looked at the conditional formatting, which gives me 3 options only,
but even there I seem to have a problem in trying to use the three options to
cover the 12 items, (say items 1-4 could be one colour but I have a problem
in finding the right formula for stipulating items 1-4 in option 1. Any
ideas on this one at all?
I do not have any ideas on VBA, but I see you you may be able to generate
some code for this....unfortunately I will need very clear and concise
instructions...(doh!)