Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default can you make EOMONTH work without Analysis ToolPak

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:58:00 -0700, ppidgursky
wrote:

I am trying to make a sheet that will auto populate the end of month date. I
found the "EOMONTH" and works great, but I need to dispurse this sheet to
many people who many different machines, and to have them try to add the
toolpak will be overwelmingly bad. I read someone had a work around but they
did not list what it was. Any help would be great.

I think this will work:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1+A2,0)

A1 is the "base date"
A2 is the number of months (positive or negative) as in the EOMONTH function.

e.g. =EOMONTH(A1,A2)

--ron