Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike G Mike G is offline

Default transposing addresses

Tx Gord.....Appreciate your effort.

Mike

Can you live with a macro which will copy the addresses to a new sheet in
the
format you wish?

Sub rowstocol()

Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim colnos As Long
Dim CopytoSheet As Worksheet

If ActiveSheet.Name = "Copyto" Then
MsgBox "Active Sheet Not Valid" & Chr(13) _
& "Try Another Worksheet."
Exit Sub
Else
Set wks = ActiveSheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For Each Wksht In Worksheets
With Wksht
If .Name = "Copyto" Then
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Sheets("Copyto").Delete
End If
End With
Next
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Set CopytoSheet = Worksheets.Add
CopytoSheet.Name = "Copyto"
wks.Activate
Range("A1").Select
colnos = InputBox("Enter Number of Columns to Transpose to Rows")

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = ""
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
With ActiveCell
.Resize(1, colnos).Copy
End With
Sheets("Copyto").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Operation:=xlNone, _
SkipBlanks:=False _
, Transpose:=True
Application.CutCopyMode = False
ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count,
ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp).Select
ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Insert
wks.Activate
ActiveCell.Select
Loop
Sheets("Copyto").Activate

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:15:38 -0400, "Mike G" wrote:

Greetings...I have a list of addresses in a1:c20 in the format a1=name
b1=street c1=city state and I want to transpose them into a vertical
alignment with a possible empty row between them. Used formula
=transpose(a1:c20), did f2 and ctrl+shift+enter and result is value#.
any
help appreciated.