Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
SonzAMonz SonzAMonz is offline

Default Creating a High-Low-Close chart with multiple series?

Hi Jon -

Similar to TC, I want to create a high-low-close chart to compare 2 sets of
data (similar to how you can juxtapose 2 or more sets of data in bar charts).

I tried your suggestions below, but I couldn't get Excel to allow me to
create a stock chart with 6 series. Also, I am trying to get the 2 data sets
to be next to each other and not on top of one another on the x-axis.

Any ideas? Thanks!

~Sonz

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

TC -

You can only have one set of high-low lines per axis group, and it's these high-low
lines which provide the vertical lines. What you need to do is put all six series
into the chart, then format one set of three to be plotted on the secondary axis
(double click a series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary). Then format the
secondary axis Close series (select it using the drop down on the Chart toolbar,
because it's not visible) so it uses the short right pointing dash as its marker,
and on the Options tab of the formatting dialog, check High-Low Lines.

An alternative approach is to plot only the Close data for the stocks of interest,
and compute two sets of line lengths for each: one for High-Close and the other for
Close-Low. Use these ranges as the ranges for custom Y error bars.

Read about error bars he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

- Jon
-------