Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LB[_2_] LB[_2_] is offline

Default Lookup function

I would like to create a look up functin for a table with x and y values.
I will have a series of calculations in excel for stormwater runoff
calcualtions. What I would like is to take two numbers from my calculations
( an x and y value) look each in a given table to obtain a 3rd value
correlating to the intersection of x and y value in the table. Hopefully
this isn't too confusing but I would appreciate any help if possible.

Think of it this way. I would lilke to look in a table to find my ideal
weight. I have my height (x) and age (y). Based upon these to data points I
can find my ideal weight. How can I create a lookup function to do this and
export the number into additional caculations?
Thank you,
LB