Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Pulldown that searches?

This sounds like you're describing Data|Filter|Autofilter.

Select your range and apply data|filter|autofilter.

You can use the dropdown arrows to choose from a list or apply a custom criteria
to filter.

When you're done looking at the filtered list, you can use data|filter|Show all
to see all the rows.

gilligan5000 wrote:

Ok, let me see if I can explain this one.
I have A-I with various names and numbers about 100 down, some of which
repeat. Is there a way to have pulldowns or search bars for each column that
would show the results matching that criteria below? For example, I could
search or pulldown Joe Blow, and all occurances of Joe Blow would be listed
with all info from A-I. The source file will also need to be able to be
modified. Thanks for any help!

--

Dave Peterson